Friday, September 3, 2010

Donda, Pamela & Anniversary Wishes!

I ran across some photos this past weekend that I found really sweet. They include Pamela and my dear friend and sister by choice, Donda. Sometimes you are born with an awesome sister – like I was with sweet CeCe – and sometimes you have the chance to add someone special.

Donda has certainly been that kind of precious friend in my life.

If you look closely at the photo of Pamela, Donda & me you will notice that Pamela is hanging onto Donda’s arm. Pamela loved Donda. And Donda loved Pamela. When I went off by myself to Belmont College far away in Tennessee, I knew that Donda would be checking on her “second mom” while I was gone and that meant a lot to me. It was reassuring to know that my friend would be dropping by and sitting at the kitchen counter with Pamela and having long conversations over iced tea or coffee. She loved Pamela in my place and yet it was obvious that it was for herself too. Donda's mom, Lizzie, is in one of the photos and I always thought of her as my "second mom" too. I didn't get as many heart-to-heart conversations with her as I would have liked, but thoroughly enjoyed her sassiness and great sense of humor!

Donda and I have been friends now for 40 years. That’s really hard to believe because it seems like just yesterday that we met at junior high school when I talked to her about my big sis who had just gotten married. I was missing CeCe and in many ways I see how the Lord provided this wonderful friend to comfort my heart. And her loving and thoughtful heart has been a source of comfort and camaraderie very often over the years.

And of course – we are all so, so happy to wish CeCe & SS a very happy 40th Anniversary this weekend! We love you & have been so thankful to have your wonderful example of a Godly couple through the years. Have a great Anniversary weekend!!!









Love to the Pamela’s Girls,

Auntie J


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos!
    And I love how both of the mothers have kleenex in their hands!

    ReplyDelete