Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SF Giants Jonathan Sanchez

Last night I went to the Giants game to see my favorite player pitch, Jonathan Sanchez. BK gave me a Sanchez jersey awhile back because I'm a fan, but the stadium is always too cold to wear it and I'm always wearing hoodies and coats. San Francisco is having our Indian Summer this week, finally. It's been a whopping 93 degrees during the day and mid 70's at night! So BK and I decided to go to the game last night and enjoy the rare warm weather, I could wear my Sanchez jersey and watch him pitch- perfect.
Taken during the game.
After the game we decided to go to the sports restaurant across from the stadium to get a small bite to eat. While sitting at the table, I noticed a guy at the bar that looked like Jonathan Sanchez. I thought noooo it couldn't be. He was wearing, unfortunately, a tacky shirt, a huge bling-bling watch, a huge silver chain necklace and bracelet. I personally prefer the baseball uniform.
Anyways, I weighed my odds. I've seen random celebrities while living in California and New York but none that I'd like to be that annoying person to ask for a picture with them. I even think I walked past Jennifer Aniston across from my NYC apartment one night, but didn't stop her. But I'm a huge fan of Sanchez, obviously wearing his jersey, so I decided to be that annoying girl to him because although at the moment I may feel weird, I'd always have the picture with him. I went up to him, tapped him on the shoulder and said "Congratulations on the game. I'm a huge fan. Would you mind taking a picture with me?". I smiled my nervous smile. I don't even know if he said anything, but he kind of hesitated, then stood up and took a picture with me. That was nice of him. Until then, I was the only one that recognized him in the place. I guess nobody figured the pitcher that night would be hanging out across the street. Once I walked away and sat back down at my table, I notice people started saying "Is that Jonathan Sanchez? No that's not him". Then some guy approached him to sign his ball, haha oops! Maybe that's why I sensed a little hesitation because it would draw attention to him with the flash went off and all.
Anyways, I'm still very excited! Here's a link about him.
I hope you are having a great week Pamela's Girls! I am now. :)
Love you,
SanFran S

No comments:

Post a Comment