Friday, September 24, 2010

Cardinals

The other day while walking to meet BK for dinner and the Giants ballgame, I stumbled upon this cute, eccentric, totally random boutique. I saw baby clothes in the window which drew me in originally as I'm always on the lookout for Baby B clothes and toys. I thought to myself "This store is so cute and different. How have I never seen it when passing by or heard of it before? It was in my favorite neighborhood." Then I walked towards the counter where jewelry caught my eye. There were about 5 different necklaces with animals on them. I saw this one with 2 cardinals and instantly was reminded of Grandmother V and her love for them. She loved anything with cardinal on it. I knew I had to have it as long as I could afford; $10, definitely! So I bought it to remember her whenever I wear it.
As I left the store and continued walking down the street I thought about how easily I could have missed that store because it was so small and rather hidden. Also, I'm a city girl now and hurriedly walk down the sidewalks to get to where I'm going as soon as possible. I then started thinking that maybe it was a sign from Grandmother V to go there.
The next day was corresponding with a photographer that lives somewhere in the middle of the country. She's really really sweet, a grandmother herself and an amazing photographer who sends me all the free photographs of pollinators that I use for both of our websites. She mentioned in the email, the day after I bought the necklace that it was her mother's birthday and she was in her yard surrounded by the beautiful monarchs preparing to migrate. Her mother loved butterflies and she felt closer to her mom when surrounded by them. I told her about my grandmother's love for cardinals and buying that necklace. She replied that when I see a cardinal, it was my grandmother saying hello to me. Then it made me really think about it more. I live in the city of San Francisco and I've never seen a cardinal here. I believe now that Grandmother V led me to this store with the cardinal necklace to let me know she is watching over me from heaven.
Enjoy your weekend Pamela's Girls and I hope will recognize the signs from our loved ones up above.
Much love,
SanFran S

No comments:

Post a Comment