Friday, September 24, 2010

My New Electric Kettle


OK… It’s probably just odd me that would get excited over an electric kettle… but I am really thrilled about our new purchase from this past weekend.

When we stay at Chez R, I always miss the ease of whipping up a cup of tea to sip while reading out on the amazing screened in porch or maybe some instant coffee on a Saturday morning - not to mention the occasional bowl of instant oatmeal. My only option for boiling water was heating it up in a pan on the stove or in a mug in the microwave – and neither of those works very well.

I have heard for quite some time that electric kettles make the best cup of tea because of getting the water to exactly the right temperature and with us being at Chez R so much this Autumn, it just seemed like a good time to find the right one for us. Uncle R encouraged me to go for the deluxe Cuisinart model that I found on-line and I love the way it has settings for each of the kinds of tea and even a “French press” setting.

Very nice and it truly makes a wonderful cup of tea.

Come up to Nashville and we’ll have a tea party!!!

Happy yaps and tail wags to the Pamela’s girls from Merry & Bright!

Auntie J

No comments:

Post a Comment