Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Mommas Meal





On Saturday, I had an eye appointment in Florence in the morning. On the way back, I stopped by the Farmer's Market to buy some fresh vegetables for one last summer Mommas meal and wanted to share it with Pamela's girls. It included meat loaf(a must for a token meat), a "mess of peas" on rice, creamed corn with biscuits, fried okra and a sliced tomato. Although I dirtied about every pot and pan, I must say it was yummy and well worth the effort.



I also want to thank all the Pamela's Girls for all they did to make the 40th anniversary for SS and me so special. Mommy M put together an amazing album with a beautiful hand-painted cover, which included such sweet letters from all of you. We are continuing to enjoy looking through it and reading all the letters, and wondering how in the world Mommy M was able to do it all without us ever suspecting a thing.

Then while we were at the beach, SanFran S arranged a wonderful meal for us at a unique little restaurant, the Collector's Cafe:

We were free to order whatever we wanted, all expenses paid including tip, with a special dessert of peanut butter chocolate pie. It was all delicious! We knew SanFran S assumed, rightly so, that if left to our own devices we would go to our regular favorite, The Sea Captains; but this way we tried some place new and had a wonderful memorable evening.
SS and I have been most fortunate to have the sweetest, most thoughful, loving daughters EVER, and we thank the Lord daily for them.
Love to all my Pamela's Girls,
CiCi


No comments:

Post a Comment