Saturday, October 30, 2010

North East Coast Travels

Last week I did a lot of traveling. I had to be in Washington, DC from Monday-Friday for your annual Conference we plan and run every year. Since I hadn't been to NYC or Philadelphia since I moved back to San Francisco I decided to make the most of already being over there and visit those cities. B.K. was already over there for work for 2 weeks so on Saturday I flew in to Philly and met him and one of his college buddies (who also lives in NY and we used to hang out with often when we lived there) at the airport. My fashion designer friend, L.A., from NY also met me there because she was going to be out of town the following weekend when I went to NY. Confusing, I know. I planned a very busy week for myself.
Pictures from Phila:
Oh, I forgot to mention that I also met up with one of my college buddies who lives in Philly now.
Now on to DC. I got sick on Monday on the way to DC. I took a train by myself from Philadelphia to DC. It's about 2.5 hours so not bad. I worked really long hours, 7am to 10pm usually. Anyways, I had a bad cold, sore throat, stomach issues and lastly I lost my voice. I had to give 2 speeches and really talk close into the microphone because by Thursday, my voice was very scratchy. I even coughed into the mic!! The rest of the conference everyone kept asking how I was feeling so that was nice to know they cared. A really sweet group of people.
Washington, DC:
Giving my speech (thought you'd get a kick out of that picture). My fashion friends say I look so professional in this picture. I picked my outfit, hair and makeup carefully for that reason. :)

Mexican Scientist/Entomologist
The Team

Now, the last and final stop before heading back home to San Francisco; New York City. By the time I took the 3.5 hour train from DC to NYC, I was sick and exhausted. I managed to pick up the next day though. I did a lot of shopping and saw a whole lot of my and BK's friends in that weekend. Unfortunately I was so out of it I forgot to take pictures with my friends there but I got BK to take a couple of me the last day and then I took some street shots. Visiting NYC is so fun and nothing like living there!
Have a great weekend Pamela's Girls! I still have no time for rest because the Giants are in the World Series! I'll be watching it today with the mobs of people by the stadium. Go Gigantes!!
Love you all,
SanFran S

No comments:

Post a Comment