Friday, October 1, 2010

Coffee Breaks And Carmencita






Once a week I meet a dear friend, Carmencita, for coffee. We set up this 8am weekly ritual because we found that sometimes weeks & weeks would pass and we wouldn’t be able to get together because of conflicts with both our schedules if we didn’t set up something that we could fall back on. It’s a bit of a push to get up extra early to get to a coffee shop to meet (I think that lil’ Carmencita is no more a morning person than I am!) but it’s always worth it to catch up with each other’s weeks over a cup of special coffee.

I always get mocha. It’s a weakness. My friend usually gets regular coffee and saves some money, but I dearly love a mocha coffee drink – hot or cold. There are two different coffee shops that we alternate between. One of them was recently renovated and when we showed up there for the first time after its sprucing up, we were so impressed that we spent most of our chat that am wandering around taking photos and trying out different seats. I am adding photos that you can see. It’s really a beautiful place now – very light & open with interesting little tables, chairs and a booth or two for a group.


Yesterday I went there for lunch, ordered a sandwich and cup of hot tea and read “Wuthering Heights”, which I have been rereading for the Jane Austen Tea Society book group that I’m in. I haven’t read this book in a LONG time and so it has been very interesting to see what my take on it is this time. It’s amazing to me how – as the years of my life go by – Heathcliff seems more and more LESS a tragic romantic figure and more like a creepy psychopath. Yipes.

Carmencita always has something interesting going on. I wish that the Pamela’s Girls could meet her. She is a photographer, copyright administrator, lover of traveling, ballerina and belly dancer. She is a lovely, sweet young woman who started out as a high school friend of a nephew referred to me when she moved to Nashville, but has long since become MY friend. She also loves the Lord and we delight in sharing each other’s discoveries about the ways the Lord loves us and meets us exactly where we are in our lives.



Love to the Pamela’s Girls on October 1!

Auntie J


No comments:

Post a Comment