Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Barkley!!!

From the first moment I saw Barkley's sweet, puppy face at 2 weeks old, I fell inlove. That day in November when I got to take him home at 6 weeks old, was one of the many happy days of my life.




















From moving from house to apartment, from town to town, through a wedding, a baby and whiteshaker scares, we have been through a lot together in the past five years. Considering all the changes I have put him through, and inspite of his little quirks and nervous tendencies, I think he has handled my everchanging life pretty well for a little maltese.




This morning Barkley started the morning off Barking at the side door even more than normal. When I finally opened the door to see what all of the barking was about, Cici had left a necklace of doggy treats draped over the door knob. Barkley knew immediately that it was for him. He stood frozen for a photo as soon as I placed the necklace around his neck. And, of course, Baby B had to check out what Barkley had received.




The celebrations continued through lunch when we put on Barkley's famouse birthday hat so he could blow out the candle on his hotdog "cake." I even caught him winking at the camera (or maybe he was blinking because of the feathers on his birthday hat:)




It was too difficult to get a good photo of Barkley and Baby B with the cake since Baby B thought the hotdog and candle looked very intriguing.



Happy Birthday Barkley! I love you so much and hope we get to enjoy many, many more years together!

I hope you are having a wonderful week Pamela's Girls!

Love,

~Mommy M

No comments:

Post a Comment