Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Day Before Halloween & A Perfect Autumn Day

I hope that the Pamela’s Girls had as beautiful an October Saturday as Uncle R and I had today. It was a perfect, crisp Autumn day with brilliant sunshine, china blue skies and leaves turning glorious shades of gold, butter yellow and crimson all across Nashville.

After a Sky Blue Café breakfast where I caught this amazing view of downtown Nashville at the end of a multicolored street, I set out to trade in two boxes & one bag of used books - and was determined to return back to Chez R with lots of in-store credit & no books left in my trunk to slide from one side to the other when I swing around corners. And I came very close to meeting my goal. I have 2 little books still remaining in my trunk, which is a definite improvement! And – I came home with a couple of very interesting reads that I traded for and a very compact and beautiful edition of the best of classic French recipes that included all of my favorites and ones that I would actually like to try making for myself one day. I am always thrilled to have in-store credit at my favorite bookstores here in Nashville since there is usually always a book that I have a hankering for!

This is absolutely my favorite time of year and I have enjoyed seeing all of the decorations around Chez R this past week. Even Merry & Bright were wearing some stylish black puppy sweaters with scary little jack-o-lanterns on them. I love pumpkins and Chez R has them adorning each room with Fall flower arrangements, on kitchen towels and keeping watch on the front porch. I am looking forward to seeing if we have any trick-or-treators here at Chez R tomorrow night. There is a little basket of candy handy beside the front door and Merry & Bright prepared to bark out any warning of impending ghouls at the front door.

Love & Happy Halloween to the Pamela’s Girls!

Auntie J

No comments:

Post a Comment