Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Memories



























Hope all of Pamela's Girls are having a Happy Halloween. I had fun pulling out some old pictures of Halloween's past. When Auntie J and I were growing up, I don't think Halloween was the "Event" it is now. On the first Halloween I remember, I was about 6 and we were in Charleston. I was going trick or treating with the little girl who lived next door to my grandparents. She was about 9 and had a beautiful long, red fairy dress. Mommas had made me a clown outfit - I'm sure with a lot of love - but it was a dull navy and nothing about it said "clown." Everybody would rave over the fairy, but have to ask me what I was. The next year, though, Pamela and Mommas made me a beautiful fairy outfit out of some old lace curtains.
Then, when I was in the 2nd and 3rd grade, our Methodist church came up with the idea of collecting for the poor children in other countries. So instead of getting candy, we had to hold out a little milk carton and say "Trick or Treat for Unicef." I must say, I thought that was the PITS!
When it came to Mommy M's first Halloween, I pulled yarn through a baby bonnet and dressed her in her Raggedy Ann doll's dress - of course, Skippy dressed up too.
For her next Halloween, I got a "bunny" pattern and made this outfit and she and Pamela posed for.
Sanfran S wanted a tiger outfit, as she went through a "bad" phase when she liked the Clemson tiger. I also found a picture of her posing next to her award winning picture in kindegarten in 1985.
This year was really special, having BabyB come trick or treating to our house. It was so special to have Mommy M come by with all her childhood friends, who now are parents with children of their own. It seems like life has come full circle, as I remembered times going through the neighborhood with my two little girls, and it seems like only yesterday. I am very blessed to be able to enjoy this time with Baby B.
With love to all my Pamela Girls, CiCi







No comments:

Post a Comment