Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Cup Retired










I'm sure you have heard of athletes so loved and valued that their numbers are "retired". And you know that it has to make them feel good.

Well, a couple of weeks ago on a visit to my Tearoom, sweet server Mary B brought me the saucer that goes with my favorite cup and said that there were a few chips that had come up on it and they weren't going to be able to use it anymore... did I want it?

Did I want it?!?!? Um... that would be YES!

I have always loved the fact that you can pick a cup to use on each Tearoom visit. It's difficult to choose between their wonderful patterns and styles, but this little cup has been my favorite to use almost every time - whether a quickie lunch or a long, delicious book Tea. It's a pattern that I've never seen anywhere else... Aves Estate. I love the blue & white china pattern and the little bird that it features. Tea tastes delicious in this cup and you can't help but feel a bit dressed up and dignified when you sip out of it. And sometimes.... you just need that little extra formality to compliment a perfect cup of Cream Earl Grey carefully brewed in your Brown Betty Teapot.


And now it resides with me - at my house! OK , it may not be that the cup was actually "retired" in honor of me, but given because they are thoughtful & generous people at the Tearoom.


Oh, and also take note of the really cute little kitty creamer in the photo below. The Tearoom knew that I loved that little creamer and presented me with one of my own at Christmas.


Love to my Pamela's Girls!

Auntie J

No comments:

Post a Comment