Saturday, February 12, 2011

The First Week Of My New Job!


Well - it was a full week of learning names and faces, programs and systems within the company, what is where in the new office and other numerous adventures.

It is such a different environment from where I was before. Instead of a cozy office within an old house, I now enter a building with shops, salons, businesses, two delis, a Japanese restaurant, a music/food venue, galleries and the odd tattoo parlour. Originally completed in 1907, this building served as a warehouse for many hardware and grocery wholesalers. It was a building that connected Nashville's business community to the railway and has a memorable history of notable tenants. As a matter of fact there was a coffee roasting company that had residence in the building that - as the story goes - named one of their brands after a local hotel and produced a cup of coffee that Teddy Roosevelt proclaimed "good to the last drop" on a visit to The Hermitage in Nashville. Yep - the original Maxwell House coffee.



There is a nice little bakery/cafe across the street and a short walk to the next block brings me to Nashville's art museum. I'm thinking about investing in a membership again and using my lunch hours for an occasional stroll through their visiting exhibits.
CiCi might be interested to know that one of the shops in this building is a used bookstore... oh dear, that's dangerous! I went down one day during my lunch break to look around and made it a point NOT to take my purse!


Love to my Pamela's Girls!

Auntie J

No comments:

Post a Comment