Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Reminiscing...











Cici and I are still busy going through things as she and SS continue to organize after the successful yardsale. My weekend project was to go through the many cards Cici and I have saved since I was born. It has been fun reminiscing as I read cards and letters that family members and friends wrote me years ago. It has been especially funny reading the many letters that friends wrote me when I was little and in highschool. I have gotten lots of laughs at the now trivial things that were so monumental at the time. There were several Leslie letters that are so hysterical, I just could never part with them.

It was fun reading sweet cards from each of Pamela's girls. I found a card from Auntie J that says, "Happy Birthday- Mandy-poo! (Who's my lil' lamb-kin!)... So cute! There was also a card where Uncle R wrote that he was so glad that I was his niece, which I thought was really sweet. I've also saved a cute Grassmere bag and a beloved Hello Kitty bag that I'm sure contained a prized possession from the Hello Kitty store in Nashville.

There were several sweet cards from Anma and I really enjoyed reading the precious letters that Mommas wrote. I've included a couple of her letters below:

Sept. 6, 1979
Dearest Mandy:
I am looking forward to the day when I can read you stories and talk with you. It will be wonderful to see you grow each month and year and to find out all the little cute things that you have on your mind and heart.
I love you
Mommas

Jan. 2, 1980
Dearest Mandy:
Hope you are feeling good and that you will have a happy day- doing the things you like to do, and just being your sweet little self "a joy to all the family!"
I love you-Mommas

Another she started, "Dearest little Mandy (or sugar pie)" which I thought was so cute. In another she said, "I think every little girl should have some money in her purse to buy little things she needs..." and in almost every one she says, "Be a good little girl." Its so adorable the way she phrases everything.

It has been so special to get to know Anma and Mommas more through our Pamela's Girls blog and now through these old letters and cards. It also makes me sad that I didn't get to know them earlier because their sweet, loving demeanor is so evident in every story and card.

Love to all my Pamela's Girls!

~Mommy M

No comments:

Post a Comment