Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010
























It's hard to believe it's been 31 years since this Mother's Day picture was taken after dedicating Mommy M at First Baptist Church, or 22 years since the girls and I posed on the front porch.

Only last year, 2009, we had the blessing of baptizing Baby B. on Mother's Day.




I want to take this opportunity to thank my two beautiful daughters for making me feel like one of the most blessed mothers in the world.

As every Mother's Day approaches, I tell them
NO PRESENTS, yet every year they give me such wonderful gifts. Not just run out and buy "something" gifts, but things that are meaningful that they've put a lot of thought and effort into. The truth is, that they treat me with such love and respect that they make every day Mother's Day for me.
And, of course, I cannot let the day pass without mentioning the very special mother role models Auntie J and I had growing up with Pamela and Mommas - the ideals of what a mother should be

Quoting selectively from Proverbs 31: "She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and call her blessed;........A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised."

I love all you Pamela's Girls, CiCi

No comments:

Post a Comment