Friday, August 26, 2011

Kati & Marshall - August 20th, 2011













There are special times when we are privileged to witness the best and happiest moments of a person’s life... a person who we love. This past weekend was one of those times for me.

When my friend, Donda had her little boy, I called him my little Pudro. There were many Sunday afternoons that we spent together when he was little and I have such happy memories of us coloring with bright new crayons, riding around in my RX7 on ice-cream reconnoiters and watching Mr. Rogers on the TV together.


Pudro still has the same impish little grin and playful spirit. I don’t get to see him as often as I would like these days, but have been happy to see that the wonderful young woman who is occupying all of his time is the same best friend who he married in a beautiful Gatlinburg lodge atop a lush and fragrant mountaintop with friends and family gathered around them. The new Mrs. Pudro is sweet, kind and graceful… and she made a perfectly lovely bride on this past Saturday afternoon.

Donda – of course – was in her element and in fine party-planning mode. She worked tirelessly all summer pulling plans together for the rehearsal dinner and other wedding preparations and everything unfolded this weekend without a hitch. White linens and pale snowy silk blossoms graced table tops beneath arched log eves. Refrigerators were packed to the bursting point with savory meats, creamy desserts and snacks beyond counting. There were laughing voices everywhere and feet running up and down the three stories of stairs.

It is obviously a happy blending of two congenial families. I am very pleased to see what a kind and welcoming family Mrs. Pudro has. They are good people and it warms my heart to see them lovingly enfold Pudro into their midst.

But this weekend was special to me in another way. I got to have some good fellowship time with Donda – the type of visiting that involves sitting out in early morning mountain air sharing a cup of coffee and observations on the celebrations, on life and on the Lord. It meant so much to me to share this important time for her and feel a part of the happiness surrounding this event. And to spend some time with Donda’s mom, Lizzie, was also a treat! I never get to see her often enough and it was wonderful to sit and listen to her happy laugh and genial teasing of the people that she loves. It pleased me that many of Mrs. Pudro’s relatives and friends thought that I was Pudro’s aunt because that’s the way I feel toward him.

I pray that the Lord will bless this young couple in every way. He is so kind to meet us where we are, love us so completely and bring us together in loving groups. And I’m so thankful for Pudro and Donna and the new friends that I made through them this past weekend.


Love to my Pamela’s Girls! I’ll try to get posts in more often that I have lately. Sorry!!!

Auntie J.

No comments:

Post a Comment