Monday, August 22, 2011

Baby B's Last Week as an Only Child

Well, I have survived 38 weeks of pregnancy with one more week to go until we finally get to meet the infamous Baby M. Thank you to Pamela's Girls for all of your prayers and wishes as I've struggled through this last trimester. It does seem like a VERY long time ago when we made that exciting announcement on Christmas Eve. It seems like so much has happened since then... A move to a wonderful new house, Easter, July 4th, a fun beach trip, a miserably HOT summer, and an ever-growing Baby B.
Baby B has grown up SO much since he turned 2. I've been trying to think of another Pamela's Girls name for him, because he is not so much of a Baby B anymore. All I could come up with is Bo. I have a feeling that is what Baby M might call him one day:) What do you think Pamela's Girls?
When we put on his bathing suit the other day, he decided he needed a hat to wear outside. I told him that he looked like Dada, and he immediately went to Daddy L's closet and attempted to wear Daddy L's shoes around the house.




Not only is his vocabulary growing, but he is learning so many new concepts. He is quite obsessed with Sesame Street, Elmo, the ABC's and numbers these days. I'm not complaining though, because being a mom and a teacher, I am so proud of how interested he is in learning new things. He especially loves to show off his alphabet skills infront of others. When we were at Hobby Lobby last week, he really wanted some wooden letters. I got them for him, but he had to open them before we made it to the checkout. The cashier insultingly asked Bo if he was using those as chew toys. When I told her that he loved reciting the alphabet, she said that he was too little to know his ABC's. Bo immediately started holding up letters to her and telling her what they were. After about 5 letters, she said, "Ok, I understand. You really do know the alphabet." Everyone in line, including me, was chuckling. Here is a video of his new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwXKcrLyrII

It is hard to believe that this time next week, Bo may almost be a big brother. I really hope he is going to adjust okay to this wonderful new addition to our family. Although I used to tease SanFran S about the "original family," I honestly don't remember a time when she wasn't in our lives, and I hope it will be the same for Bo. I hope that after a month or so, it will be like he was always here with us. As we were eating dinner at church a few months ago, someone said to Bo, "Get ready because you're getting ready to have to share everything you ever had." Then, a friend of our with 2 boys of his own said, "No, get ready to meet the best friend you'll ever have." I thought that was so sweet, and it made me really happy to be having another boy for him to play with and share his life with, just like I have with Sanfran S, and Cici did with Auntie J.

Thank you again for all of your prayers Pamela's Girls! My next blog should be full of photos of Bo and Baby M!

Love,

~Mommy M


No comments:

Post a Comment