Saturday, August 6, 2011

Banana Nut Waffles

As I was lying in bed enjoying a leisurely wake-up Saturday morning, I was thinking about what I would fix for breakfast. On Saturdays, as you Pamela’s Girls know, it has been a tradition since SS and I got married to have something with syrup on Saturday – waffles, pancakes or French Toast. This was a waffles-morning. As I lay there though, I remembered the ripe bananas that I had forgotten to put in the trash Friday morning. I had thought I could make some banana nut bread, but I suddenly remembered how much SS had enjoyed banana nut waffles with a dollop of whipped cream at the Marriott this summer. So I immediately came downstairs, went to the laptop, and googled “banana nut waf…” Several possibilities popped up and there was the one I wanted – Banana Nut Waffles from Bisquick. In less than 30 seconds, I had my recipe! Can we appreciate how amazing that is – to have information that we want in seconds!

I remember when San Fran S wanted some information one time several years ago- I think what movies were playing -and she made the comment – "What did people ever do without the internet?" Well, when I was in school a lot of our education consisted of learning HOW to research and find information – not the information itself, but how to acquire it. You would go to the library and search through whole books searching for information. There were huge books – Guides to Periodical Literature – where you would search for magazine articles on the topic you were researching. Then you would go pull the magazines and make notes-they couldn’t be checked out. Every family had to have a 20 volume set of World Book encyclopedias, with an updated volume every year. We had to have a dictionary, Atlas, Thesaurus, and many other different kind of reference books. Twenty years ago, we had no idea really of what the Internet was. Now, how could we live without it – the world of knowledge at our fingertips. A recipe in the blink of an eye. Isn't that a miracle!

Now here is the recipe that prompted this revelation:

Banana-Nut Waffles


13 Ratings

INGREDIENTS

2

cups Original Bisquick® mix

1

cup mashed very ripe banana (2 medium)

1

cup milk

1/4

cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans

2

tablespoons vegetable oil

1

egg

  1. Heat waffle iron; grease with vegetable oil or shortening.
  2. Stir ingredients until blended. Pour onto center of hot waffle iron. Close lid of waffle iron.
  3. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle.
Wishing all my Pamela's Girls a wonderful week as we eagerly await the arrival of Baby M
Love to you all, CiCi

No comments:

Post a Comment