Monday, August 8, 2011

A New Addition to the Family


Today we welcomed a new addition to the family. No, not Baby M! He hasn’t decided to make his appearance yet. No, this was a 2010 Honda CR-V, a pretty pale silvery green with tan interior. I have so enjoyed driving San Fran S’s VW Beetle while she’s been in San Francisco. It’s made me feel closer to her, scooting around town in her yellow Bug, with Coastal Carolina parking stickers, graduation tassel hanging from the rearview mirror and yellow sunflower twirling around in the flower vase – I didn’t change a thing from the way she had it. But alas, I needed to not only be able to carry Baby B in his car seat, but now pretty soon, Baby M. So today SS was so wonderful to buy me this CR-V. Mommy M says it looks like me. I like it because it’s not too big(like the Yukon) and not too small(like the Bug), but just right for me.

We don’t know what we’ll do with the ole Granny Galant yet. She’s been through a lot. She started out as a company car for SS until he got a truck. Mommy M learned to drive with it and drove it(into a ditch once) until she got her red Mitsubishi. Then it was San Fran S’s turn to learn to drive with it until she got a little Toyota before getting the VW for graduation. So the ole girl’s been through a lot, and now it’s time for her to retire. I’ll miss her, but I’m looking forward to “circulating” (as Mommas would say) around town in my little green SUV.

So Farewell Faithful Galant, and Welcome Little Honda – I look forward to travelling many happy miles together.

Love to all of Pamela’s Girls from CiCi



No comments:

Post a Comment