Sunday, January 16, 2011

Snowy Week In Nashville









It was definitely a snowy week for most of the Pamela’s Girls!

We didn’t have as much snow in Nashville as the SC Girls had, but the 3-4” that we did have was really beautiful to watch and gave the typical inspiration to start the soup pot simmering on the stove and fragrant hot teas steeping in cups.

Last Monday I made Mama S’s hamburger soup (a favorite of Uncle R’s) and Mommas’ cornbread with my added touch of dill sprinkled on the top. Uncle R and I ate those two delectables for several days and whether you were inside looking out at the winter wonderland or outside with knitted cap taking pictures while checking the mail – it made you feel warm and comforted.

Normally I would have been in a panic as to whether I would be able to make it down our treacherously steep & curving entry road, but this snowfall found me watching cars creeping nervously down our road with a strange blend of relief that I didn’t have to face that drive into town and heartache that I no longer had my former beloved job to go to.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Rom. 8:28

I am definitely walking on with the intent of fixing my eyes on the Lord and hoping for His perfect guidance for where I will work next.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Heb. 11:1

I have always loved the stories of King David in the Bible. There are so many things about David’s personality that we can identify with; the highs and lows of emotion, greed for things or people, impulsiveness & crippling despondency… and yet there is a deep, powerful desire to be God’s own person that brought the Lord Himself to identify David as “a man after His own heart”.

Before most of his marches into battle, David would inquire direction and guidance from the Lord. I love to read that. I want to call Him into my decisions, whether they are simple daily plans or the big life issues that face us around each bend in our road. And one of my favorite passages is when David receives the message;

“And it shall be, when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the balsam trees, then you shall act promptly, for then the Lord will have gone out before you to strike the army of the Philistines.” 2 Samuel 5:24

I am so thankful that the Lord is vitally interested in our day to day decisions and watches each step as a father delights in a toddler coming toward him on shaking, wobbling legs. I know that especially during this time I really want to hover near the balsam trees and listen!

Love to my Pamela’s Girls!

Auntie J

No comments:

Post a Comment