Monday, January 3, 2011

Goal for 2011

Since I did not have a New Years Resolution for 2011, I was inspired by our preacher yesterday. He is memorizing Phillipians for his Resolution in order to have the Lord's words in heart so that he can better witness to others. This led me to the decision that I will memorize at least once verse of scripture each month. "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalm 119:11

This is the list I've come up with so far:

January- Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all
your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5 (LOVE THE LORD)

February- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philipians 4:13
(STRENGTH)

March- Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will
strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah
41:10 (FEAR)

April- Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His mercy endures forever. Psalm 107:1
(GIVE THANKS)

May- Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In
all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 (TRUST)

June- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither
the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39 (GOD’S LOVE)

July- I want you to trust me in times of trouble, so I can rescue you, and you can give me
glory. –Psalms 50:15 (TRUST)

August- Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31 (GLORY)

September- And all things, whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.
Matthew 21:22 (PRAYER)

October- Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who
loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.
John 14:21 (OBEDIENCE)

November- Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together
and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use,
it will be measured to you. Luke 6:38 (TITHING)

December- Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14
(PATIENCE)

Please share some of your favorite verses if you have any I can add to my list.

It was so great to see all of Pamela's Girls together over Christmas! Love to you all!

~Mommy M

No comments:

Post a Comment