Thursday, June 10, 2010

OFFICE IMPROVEMENTS…

At long last I have some good filing cabinets in my office! This may not sound very interesting, but it has REALLY helped and I am starting to get lots more organized. I love having the confidence and satisfaction that it will be easier to find the information that I need in my day to day work.

They are two REALLY TALL 5-drawer black cabinets there beyond my little Eiffel tower lamp. They are pretty huge in my small office, but my cuticles are happy that they are not being scraped as I try to stuff newly-given label copy into a file drawer that is already bulging. One of my primary roles in my job is giving out label copy to record labels and producer’s assistants who are verifying songwriter names and percents and how the copyright line should read. I keep a record of each of these requests and the information that I return to them and I can tell you that the reams of paper add up!

My office has other French mementos besides my Eiffel tower lamp.


When I was in Paris a few summers ago, I bought a page from an old French architectural encyclopedia that was being sold in a street market – the MarchĂ© aux Puces de la Porte de Vanves on Avenue Georges Lafenestre & Avenue Marc Sangnier in Paris. It wasn’t a huge flea market, but had an amazing collection of furniture, trinkets, paintings, fabric, glassware, time pieces, jewelry, military objects, photography, music, and curios. This print says that the building is an Atelier de Peintre… and artist’s studio!

I also have one of my favorite Sarah Freeman paintings hanging with 2 of mine. Sarah’s is the large one with the Tuscan tree. Sarah is a wonderful artist and has sold her work to many entertainment industry folks – Kelly Clarkson included. You can see more of Sarah’s paintings at http://www.sarahfreeman.net/home.html

And then – of course – I love checking the calendar each day when I can see a sweet Baby B’s face!


It’s a simple, comfortable office that I am blessed to come to each day! And now it’s organized!!! YAY!

Love to the Pamela’s Girls,
Auntie J

No comments:

Post a Comment