Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Father’s Day To The Pamela’s Girls Daddies!

We are all thankful and happy to have Daddy L in our lives and it is sweet to see what a wonderful father he is to Baby B!

Proverbs 4:1-9
A Father's Instruction
Hear, O sons, the instruction of a father,
And give attention that you may gain understanding,
For I give you sound teaching;
Do not abandon my instruction.
When I was a son to my father,
Tender and the only son in the sight of my mother,
Then he taught me and said to me,
"Let your heart hold fast my words;
Keep my commandments and live;
Acquire wisdom! Acquire understanding!
Do not forget nor turn away from the words of my mouth. "
Do not forsake her, and she will guard you;
Love her, and she will watch over you.
The beginning of wisdom is: Acquire wisdom;
And with all your acquiring, get understanding.
Prize her, and she will exalt you;
She will honor you if you embrace her.
She will place on your head a garland of grace;
She will present you with a crown of beauty."

When Uncle R and I were in SC last July, it was a joy to see the pleasure that Baby B gives to SS and what a loving grandfather he is… But then I have always been impressed by the tender love that SS holds for his two daughters and the Godly way that he continues to walk his life in front of them. Uncle R had some big shoes to fill when I married him, because I had a very high example of what a loving husband should be after having SS for a brother-in-law.


Acts 22:14
"And he said, ' The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will and to see the Righteous One and to hear an utterance from His mouth.

I also want to remember the father that CiCi and I shared. He is not with us now, but I think that he dearly loved his two daughters and we held a special place in his heart. I have such good memories of the car trips when he carried me and all of my piles of belongings up to college far away in Tennessee and the long talks that we would have as we drove along. Then later when he would come to Nashville for visits, he and I would haunt every bookstore that we could find and I would usually discover that he had left a lovingly inscribed book for me when he left town.


Psalm 103:13
Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.


Love to the Pamela’s Girls and also the Pamela’s Girls Daddies!!!

We are thankful for our Daddies!!!

Auntie J

No comments:

Post a Comment