Sunday, April 11, 2010

Masters Weekend 2010
















I have had the privilege of attending three Master's Tournaments. Two with my daddy in 1967 and 1968 and one with SS in 1973. Although I am not a golf fan, there is nothing to compare with attending this tournament. The landscaped golf course is beautiful with the lush green grass, azaleas, dogwoods and other flowering plants. There are thousands of people in attendance, yet they are the most polite, respectful fans you have ever seen. The crowds can be completely silent when a golfer is concentrating or trying to hit a shot. There are cheers for them when they make a shot or moans of disappointment commiserating with them when they miss one - never a boo or a jeer.
When I went with daddy my senior year in high school, we followed the famous golfer Arnold Palmer's "Arnie's Army", following and cheering for him as he advanced from hole to hole. Being the completely unathletic, unexercised teenager I was, that was pretty tiring. So the next year I coaxed Daddy into letting me stake out a good spot at the 18th hole several hours before the first player come through, so I could watch everyone finish. Much less tiring, more enjoyable for me, but I got a major sunburn. Daddy would always stay with these people who were supposedly Arnie's aunt and uncle, but I don't think it ever resulted in an introduction to their famous nephew.








This weekend I had the fun of keeping Baby B while his parents went to Santee. We put on a Master's type outfit and practiced a few shots with thoughts of his great-grandfather and how he would have loved to see him.

Wishes for a wonderful week with love to all the Pamela's Girls!

CiCi

No comments:

Post a Comment