Tuesday, December 22, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS PAMELA’S GIRLS!




Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for all of God’s gracious and overflowing gifts, but at Christmas we find that our hearts become quiet and specifically grateful for the gift of Life granted to us in the glorious Savior, Jesus.

At various times in my life, I have enjoyed working through one of the Year-Through-The-Bible studies. I love reading all of my favorite stories – Joseph and his tenacious, unwavering commitment to be Godly, David and his mix of rashness yet tender open heart before God with his ability to cry out to the Lord through any trial, Daniel & his 3 friends patterning their footsteps after God’s Word, unwilling to compromise & unafraid of death, Esther and Ruth’s examples of placing all of our choices in His loving hands. And there are always the surprising stories, the ones you NEVER heard in Sunday School. The first year that I did a Bible read through I was shocked at some of the bleak places that God’s people found themselves as they strayed far from His path.

This past year I have been following a plan that is laid out chronologically and I am once again awed as each month has passed at watching His promises unfold from Creation & man’s fall through the gift of a Promised Land, the kings that came and went, truth proclaimed by the prophets and the birth of our Messiah. Jesus could have chosen to leave us where we lay – lost and hopeless – but He not only gave Himself, but His words lovingly recorded as a roadmap…. All we need to do is follow and we can live abundantly.

The two photos that I have included in my Christmas posting are 2 favorites from the “old family photos” category. In one I am waiting unseen to make an appearance a month later. In the second CiCi, our dog Coco and I look like we are barely able to contain the Christmas cheer (hee-hee), but I love it because it was so obviously staged.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY BELOVED PAMELA’S GIRLS!

Auntie J.

No comments:

Post a Comment