Friday, December 11, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CICI!


Sisters are different flowers from the same garden. ~Author Unknown

Beginning life under the shadow of CiCi wasn’t easy. She was brilliant in school, making straight As in a way that looked effortless. She was (and still is) beautiful. She rolled and styled her own hair, could play the piano well and learned early how to bake excellent desserts. She could beat me at any board or card game. She could sew clothes and knit almost anything. How was a little sister to follow that?

An older sister helps one remain half child, half woman. ~Author Unknown

I wanted to go everywhere she went and do everything she did, but being a few years behind CiCi, I could only look on with admiration as she glowed wonderfully through life. Mommas, Mother and then CiCi showed me how strong & resilient and yet soft & flexible a woman could be. They were examples of a sweet faith that became an inner road sign pointing the way. How could I not have grown up loving the Lord with their precious example before me. When I’m around CiCi – I see the way I was - with both the bad and the good - and the way I want to be.

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

Now CiCi and I giggle over funny memories, scan photos and pass them back and forth and try to recreate the recipes that warmed our hearts as children. I love to look back at old photos of CiCi and me. When I do, it’s easy to remember the good moments that passed within our family and bring to heart so many memories that I cherish. I like to look at the photos and see ways that she and I are alike.

A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ~Isadora James

I still think my sister hung the moon and I still want to be just like CiCi.

Happy Birthday CiCi!!!


Auntie J.

No comments:

Post a Comment