Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Decorations…




Sunday afternoon I was sad to remove my silk garland of autumn leaves and my pumpkin teapot from the mantelpiece, but my consolation was to pull out the cute snowman dishes that CiCi gave me a few years ago. I usually lay the kitchen table with them at the beginning of December and leave them there until the end of January. The mugs are sorta mix and match Christmas mugs that I have collected along the way, but are all snowmen, so it totally works.

To replace the leaves and pumpkin teapot on the mantle, I arranged an angel collection that R & I gave his mom one Christmas, my beloved Christmoose, a candle from a dear neighbor now moved away and a dressy English teapot.

It’s a somewhat random assortment of Christmas decorations – not totally color coordinated – not meticulously arranged…. But it represents precious friends and family – and that makes it perfect!
Auntie J.

No comments:

Post a Comment