Sunday, April 3, 2011

Crazy Busy Or Just Crazy?!?


Dear Fellow Pamela's Girls:

I am VERY sorry that I have been so terrible about getting posts up... It has been extremely busy at work and then with commitments after work, I have stared into my laptop at the end of my long days with a helpless inability to formulate complete sentences. (sigh) I will seriously try to do better!

We recently had one of our NY peeps pay a visit to the Nashville office to help me with some valuable additional training and advise and instruct our office in regards to some important new procedures. She was such a pleasure to have with us and was so helpful! It was fascinating to find that C. lives in the same town - just across the river from New York City - that Daddy N was born and grew up in, Elizabeth, New Jersey and just around the corner from where Cousin Elsie lived! What a small world we find we are in sometimes!

I had the opportunity to pick C. up each morning to bring her into work and had some great extra chat time. One morning she invited me to have breakfast at the new, modern Nashville hotel, The Hutton, and I both enjoyed seeing the inside of this interestingly-designed hotel and tasting their breakfast food.

C. was one of my Project 365 photos of the day that I have been posting on Facebook and I'll include it again here. She was so lovely and several of us thoroughly enjoyed introducing her to southern cooking. We took her to a couple of meat and three's and she was fearless, trying anything we suggested. I think that the biggest hit, though was sweet tea and I promptly gave her Mommas' tasty sweet iced tea recipe including the suggestion to include a sprig of mint whenever possible on a hot summer afternoon.















I am also including a photo of C. and the very sweet F. who I work with everyday.

During the same week I also moved from the temporary office that I was first placed in at work and am now in my official office. There is no window, but it is a very nice-sized office with soft gold walls and high ceilings. I have carted in a few of my paintings and my faithful framed poster of the French artist, De Palmas, and now I'm all set.






I will be waiting with great excitement tomorrow to hear any news that Mommy M may be sending!!!

Love to the Pamela's Girls,
Auntie J

No comments:

Post a Comment