Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My First Salad Gone Right Recipe

I never share recipes, probably because I don't have any natural ability to cook like Pamela, Cici, Auntie J, and Mommy M. I've accepted it and it doesn't bother me, but I still try a couple times a week. One of my girlfriends makes really good salad, like the kind you get at a nice restaurant. We went to Trader Joe's together this weekend and she helped me pick out some ingredients to make my own salad. The only thing I was missing was salad dressing. My friend told me she makes hers with a touch of this, tad of that and such and such to taste. SanFran S cannot cook that way; I need exact measurements of every ingredient. So I asked Cici, who always has the right answers for me. It turned out SO yummy and I'm really proud of myself. I don't know if it's anything Pamela's girls would like, but I thought I'd share just in case along with a picture. I should have taken the picture on a cute plate, but it was too late by the time I thought of sharing with you.

Sunny's First Salad Gone Right Recipe
- Arugula bag lettuce
- Roasted Lentils (I bought them already cooked ready to go in a bag)
- Reduced Fat Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Roast Pine Nuts
- Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing (Newman's Own Organic)
- Side of Multigrain Wheat with Flax Pita Crackers (For crunch instead of croutons)



Love,
SanFran S

No comments:

Post a Comment