Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Scripture in Isaiah

Ever since we started our Pamela's girls blog, I've thought a lot about Pamela and how unfair it is that SanFran S and I didn't get to know her like we did Vivian. I've especially had a lot of questions to God in the past few weeks as I have been gathering photos for the slideshow. I kept reminding myself of the scripture Papa recited to Auntie J when Pamela died, "The Lord doeth all things well." I have continued to wonder, "How could it be well when we missed out on many years?"
Amazingly, the answer was given to me in my daily reading of Isaiah this week:
"The good men perish; the godly die before their time and no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to realize that God is taking them away from evil days ahead. For the godly who die shall rest in peace." –Isaiah 57:1-2
It really gave me a peace of mind and an answer to my prayers. I think this is such a wonderful scripture to comfort us when we miss our loved ones who are no longer with us.
Love to all my Pamela's girls!
~Mommy M

No comments:

Post a Comment