Friday, March 19, 2010

Put On Your Birthday Shoes

Tomorrow will be my 28th birthday. Although I have been quite silly lately about dreading getting older on this day, my family has made it so special. I'm SO lucky and blessed to have been born to such a caring family that makes me feel loved every day and especially so on my birthday. From time to time, the philosopher in me ponders how possibly easy it could have been for me to have been born in another family, another place and completely different circumstances. And then I feel so extremely thankful for all God has given me in my life. Anyone who knows me, or worked close to me, has noticed and commented on how sweet my mom is for sending me something in the mail every week since I left home at age 18. Maybe it's just a sweet note or an article she found interesting or a care package with food and other thoughtful gifts. I can't tell you how many times in my life I've heard "Wow, you're mom is SO sweet! My mom doesn't do things like that for me!" I've gotten these comments throughout my life whenever I talk about things my family has done for me. So why should I be down about only having 2 more years left in my twenties? I should be celebrating the fact that I have Cici, SS, Mommy M, Auntie J, Uncle R, Baby B, Daddy L, and…I couldn't forget my little Barkkey, in my life! I thank God for being blessed with my Pamela’s Girls.

I received my sweet cards and gifts at my office this week, which I didn’t hesitate to put right into use and display the cards on my desk. I have to add that I feel especially proud now having an “Aunt card" to show off.

With my money from Auntie J and Uncle R, I decided to buy a shoe trend that I’ve been dying to be a part of. At Urban Outfitters I got these cute, off-white oxfords that are also completely animal-cruelty free, yay! Tomorrow I will be putting on my birthday shoes for a trip. My present from Bing is a trip to Monterey and the Big Sur for my birthday! We’ll take the drive down the scenic Highway 1.
I have picked this place that I want to go first thing Saturday morning.
Here’s a link to the waterfall view I want to see first: http://www.hikinginbigsur.com/hikes_mcwayfalls.html

Being a big lover of the beach and views, I will have a great time seeing all the beach scenes. Also, thanks to Auntie J for the sweetest blog for my birthday! It made me feel so special and kind of “chokey” as some would say.

Thanks and much love, Pamela’s Girls.

Love,
SanFran S


No comments:

Post a Comment