Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, SanFran S

IT'S A GIRL!!
March 20, 1982
9 lbs, 22 1/2 inches
Those were the joyful words we heard 28 years ago, on a beautiful first day of spring, much like today in South Carolina. SS and I reminisced about that happy time as we drove to Columbia today. The due date was March 17, so I realized when I woke up that Saturday morning about 4:30 with little twinges, that it was probably time. Because this was my second baby, I knew my labor pains were not as bad as depicted in movies. Mommy M was born in a matter of hours, so we knew we better get ready. I got the rest of the family up about 6:00 and fixed some blueberry pancakes - it was Saturday, after all. Then we called the grandparents, who came over to get Mommy M, and SS and I headed to the hospital about 7:30. They would not let SS park out front, so I got dropped off at the door and headed on up to the maternity ward. It was a very busy day, so they just sent me to a nurse's office to wait till they could make room for me. In my notes I wrote(I remember being very irritated), "8:10 Sitting in Chair." When SS came in and we finally convinced them to check me about 8:40, they said "Whoa, you are ready" so I was whisked to the delivery room in time for a few pushes before SanFran S was born.

SanFran S was such a sweet happy baby with such a sunny disposition, that after a few months we gave her a nickname that described her, and she has lived up to it. Her teachers always said she was a "free spirit" and her daddy and I have alway tried to let that spirit soar. She has always had her own ideas and style, from hair to clothes to music (New Kids on the Block). Because I was not interested in sports, it never occurred to me that she might be, so she had to go sign herself up for softball and was very talented athletically. Some of our fondest memories are of watching her and going with her to play traveling ball for 2 summers.

We are very proud of her and the beautiful young lady she's become. Her creativity and ideas are boundless, and we eagerly anticipate seeing what she has planned for the next phase of her life. We know it will be something wonderful!




Psalms 127:3 Children are a gift from God; they are His reward

Thank you SanFran S and Mommy M for providing your daddy and me with so many years of happiness. We love you very much!

With love to ALL the Pamela's Girls,

CiCi













No comments:

Post a Comment