Monday, May 2, 2011

Angel Painting Idea

At church and in our Sunday school class this year, we have been talking about using the gifts that God has given us to spread His word and glorify His name. Two gifts that God gave me that are special to me are my ability to teach children and draw and paint. Since I am teaching a preschool class at church, I have been focusing on how I can use my painting to glorify God over the past few months.

Since I LOVE angel figurines, I thought it would be neat if I could come up with a simple, unique angel painting. Ernest Lee, AKA the Chicken Man, is a popular local artist in Columbia. He paints chickens and palmetto trees since they are famous Columbia symbols. They are very simple, he just varies the colors, but they have a very unique look. Similar to his paintings, I would like to create a simple angel that I could easily recreate in different colors.



I LOVE these angel paintings but I've got to create my own angel design... I thought Auntie J might be able to give me some ideas:)










































I would like to include scripture on each painting. These are some I have found so far:
For he will command his angels to guard you
in all your ways. Psalm 91:11

I am sending an angel before you, to guard you and bring you to the place I have prepared. Exodus 23:20-23

See that you do not look down upon these little ones, for their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father. Matthew 18:10

Rejoice with him and let all of God’s angels worship him.
Deuteronomy 32:43

And I shall send forth my angels with the sound of a mighty trumpet blast, and they shall gather my chosen ones from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven.
Matthew 24:31

For the Angel of the Lord guards and rescues all who reverence him. Psalm 34:7


I thought they would be neat to give as baby gifts, give them out in nursing homes/hospitals and I could sell them at the fall festival on the square and give the proceeds to the church. Any ideas Pamela's Girls?

Happy Monday!

Love,

Mommy M

No comments:

Post a Comment