Monday, May 30, 2011

Amazing Cakes


As I have mentioned to the Pamela's Girls before, the area around where I work has been doing a great job of taking old crumbling buildings and/or storefronts that had questionable businesses behind them and unkempt appearances and giving them new life as coffee shops, clothing stores, restaurants and bakeries.




Just down at the southern end of the building where I work, there is a collection of new businesses perched on a sharp corner between two intersecting streets in a formerly depressed, rundown structure that used to be a home to a scary kind of strip club of some sort, among some other creepy activities that I hate to even think about. However, the whole building block as been totally renovated and there is a new business providing custom cakes that currently has the building's prime situation right at the corner's apex.



















My friend, Lisa, and I walked through this little business - called Royal Icing Custom Cakes - one day after eating lunch and were totally captivated by the unbelievable cakes that they produce. The ladies there were very friendly and we stood and watched one of them painting an icing ribbon draping gracefully around a three-tiered cake.

They offer "Make Your Own Cake" parties where a group can bake and decorate a fancy custom cake together, which sounds like such a fun and creative idea. And I wish that the Pamela's Girls could smell the heavenly fragrance of this bakery as you walk into the door. Ahhh... it smells good.


I have a soft spot in my heart for bakeries, I guess. I have such happy memories of Pamela and me stopping into the old Columbia, South Carolina Tasty Bake bakery on some of our outings and walking out munching their fresh & perfectly make gingerbread men. It was where our family birthday cakes came from when Pamela or Mommas didn't make them at home and started the love that I have for this kind of business.


Lisa and I walked down to Royal Icing this past Friday after lunch and I took back a red velvet cupcake to my office to share with my sweet co-worker, Farrah. Yum! It was tasty!


Love to the Pamela's Girls and Happy Memorial Day!



Auntie J

No comments:

Post a Comment