Saturday, December 11, 2010

Feasting & Celebrating…

I really don’t want to weigh myself tomorrow. Really.

The last few days have been “feasting days” celebrating Christmas & the holidays with different friends and groups, not to mention the stacks of homemade & gourmet goodies that have been sifting into our kitchen at the office.

This past Wednesday night Uncle R and I celebrated our 21st anniversary at our favorite Turkish restaurant here in Nashville and my stomach went into shock after I asked it to consume my seared tuna steak, crisp green salad, fragrant rice, tomatoes & basil sauted together and pita and hummus on the side. We sadly passed on their delicious desserts…













On Thursday I took a green bean casserole to a copyright administrator’s potluck that I attend each month. In December we always have a special festive potluck and each bring a wrapped present that we each draw numbers for in turns. There were piles of good food at the potluck this year and I have to say that when a dear friend brought her made-from-scratch red velvet cake, it was all I could do not to creep out of the building hiding that yummy thing under my coat!










Yesterday I was invited by my friend Lisita to a Christmas banquet at a nearby college. It is a campus very close to my office and I am sure that the Pamela’s Girls have often seen me post Facebook photos of beautiful park-like grounds and stone buildings that are a bit of a cross between Hogwarts and Oxford. The luncheon today was in a high-ceilinged hall with varicolored stone, dark paneled wood and hung on every side with greens, garlands and Christmas decorations. The dessert table alone was simply groaning under every kind of cookie, tart, crème puff, cake, pie and pudding that you could think of. I took a couple of little things to nibble and tried to not look at it for the rest of the time that I was there.













Then last night was our work office party…. It is usually a pool tournament and I am one sad little pool shark… but I like to try anyway. And there will be food… but I’ll try not to notice it!

Happy Birthday to our sweet, talented & beautiful CiCi!!!!

Love to the Pamela’s Girls,

Auntie J

No comments:

Post a Comment