Thursday, September 8, 2011

Outside Lands

Last month I had one of my best friends, Felipe (I pronounce Phillip because his dad is also Felipe so that's how they tell them apart), came to visit me in San Francisco from Los Angeles. We met when we used to work at Macy's; me in San Francisco and him down in Los Angeles. We only see each other a few times a year but we talk all the time and are very close. I was so excited when he and his friends came up for the weekend. They had tickets to go to this huge 3 day outdoor concert in Golden Gate Park called Outside Lands. Learn more about it here. I'm not really familiar with the bands (guess I'm not that hip) and I don't like being stuck in the middle of big crowds (claustophobic) or porter potties (yucky). They had tickets for just one day and it's from 12-8. I really wanted to spend time with him so I decided to go and deal with it. Well, I am SO glad I went! I had such a great time and it was such a cool experience! And there were so many porter potties which are still gross, but there were sinks with soap and paper towels- nice! It was like being in a secluded forest with stages, food, people and music. Just check out the food! It was deep in Golden Gate Park in a place I never been. So it felt very secluded like we weren't in the city. One section was called "Food Truck Forest" and was my favorite. In a woods section there were all kinds of food trucks from cupcakes, to southern sandwiches (pulled pork bbq on buns) to mexican/chinese trucks. I was adventureous and tried the mexican/chinese food and it was delicous. I got spicy tacos with tofu, yummy yum.
I wanted to first share some photos with you.

One of the stages.Felipe and me (B.F.F's)Near the Food Truck Forest


And finally, I'd like to share a song that I liked. Auntie J is the music person in the family so probably is familiar with this band, Beirut, that I heard while there. I really like to listen to them at work because it's really chill and relaxing. I guess they're pretty hipster too. Now everytime I listen to them it brings me back to that fun day in the park. I hope you enjoy!








I am so excited that tomorrow night I leave for South Carolina to meet the infamous Baby M! I can't wait to see everyone!





Love,
SanFran S

No comments:

Post a Comment