Monday, November 16, 2009

November 16, 2009


For my first post, I wanted to include two of my favorite pictures of us - "Pamela's Girls"
The one on the right is of Mommas'
83rd birthday in July 1981, where our Sunny would not arrive on the scene for another 9 months.
On the left is one of the last pictures taken with Mother and Mommas with the girls in September 1982.
Auntie J took this picture at the airport before flying back to her home in Nashville. I am so glad we were able to get this picture, because going out to the airport to see Auntie J off was a spur-of-the-moment decision. With a 3 year old and 6 month old, naps and feeding schedules, you never knew exactly what you could plan for, and having us together in this picture is priceless to me.
One of the biggest regrets in my life is that my girls never got to know my mother and her mother(Mommas) and get to know their sweet, sweet spirits and feel their unconditional love. I am hoping to use this forum to share some of my memories to give an insight as to who they were individually and their legacy to us as examples of women walking with the Lord in all that they did. Although neither of them had an easy life, overcoming many hardships, they were examples of virtuous women.
As Proverbs 31 says in:
Verse 26: “When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions.”
Verse 28: “ Her children stand and bless her…”
Verse 29: “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!”
It has truly been my goal in life to follow in their footsteps and try to be a hope and encouragement to my family and those around me, as they were to me.
We also have many family “heirlooms” that have been passed down, and I hope this will be a chance to describe some of them and my memories of them (with the help of Auntie J), so that our girls will have some of their background.
With love, CiCi

No comments:

Post a Comment