Friday, November 20, 2009

Cat Under A Hot Tin Hood

OK… so this is the weird thing that happened to me while on my lunch break…. I went into a little used bookstore across from a university here in Nashville and when I was getting ready to leave, a young man came into the shop and asked; “Is anyone in here driving a red car?!”

“Uh-oh”, I thought. “Someone has hit my car….”

“Me!” I said, walking up to him.

“Well!” he exclaimed, “You have a cat under your hood!!!”

Huh?!? A what?

I followed him outside and saw two college girls peering worriedly all about my car and under it, trying to figure out where the echoing meows were coming from. It was obvious as I walked up to the car that they were, indeed, coming from under the hood.

“Did your cat crawl under your hood before you left home?” They asked.

“No – I’ve come from work and I don’t have a cat!”

So I got into the car, released the hood latch and lifted the hood. There – curled up on top of all the mysterious car workings with eyes like saucers was a little fluffy, white, blue-eyed kitten. Before any of us could react, it leapt from the car and dashed to a nearby bush.

“I wonder if the Lord brought me a little kitty?!?” I wondered to myself, marveling at the odd method He would have used to bring it to me. But the kitty defied all pursuit from me and then from the two college girls as they dashed across the street and followed our adventurous kitty across the wide expanse of campus.

How did that kitty get in there and when?!?!? Had he climbed up under the car at my office, which is surrounded by a little thriving tribe of feral cats?

I will never know.


Auntie J.

No comments:

Post a Comment