Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Two Birthdays


Happy Birthday, Auntie J!!!

I was thinking this weekend about 2 birthdays. The first, and most important, was Auntie J’s .....th birthday. We love her so much and wish her many, many more.

When SanFran S, SS, and I were babysitting the boys on New Year’s Eve, I couldn’t help but admire how straight Mommy M keeps her house. Of course Bo has his little toys all around, but in every room in their house everything is so neat, with no clutter. In looking at my very cluttery house, I made an excuse for myself, thinking “ Well we have lived here for so many years accumulating stuff.” Then, I thought, “Wow, we

moved here January 3, 1983, so it’s been 29 years!” That is so hard to believe! So I had to go pull out pictures, first of our house on Friarsgate Blvd in Irmo.

Then, thinking about how SS had to start working in Darlington in August 1982, while I stayed in Columbia with a 3 year old and 5 month old during the week, and he just came home on the weekend. After looking for houses for a couple of months and not finding the right thing, our lot on Tennessee Drive came available. We bought it and found a builder in October, these pictures are in November, and then it was ready to move into in January.


Everything was done in such a hurry, but it has always been such a good

little house for us. I thought that once I had a dining room I would enjoy having company and entertaining, and I did try, but it has always been stressful and not really enjoyable to me. But I started a little notebook, describing dinner parties we went to, what was served, and who was there. And guess where the first party was – on January 9, 1983 at the home of Dickie and Carolyn Bryant, future home of Mommy M and Daddy L!

Wishing all of Pamela’s Girls a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!

I love you all, CiCi

No comments:

Post a Comment